Friday, August 11, 2006

No Pics Again

I tried walking from my Auntie Daisy's office today to an internet cafe all by myself--- I'm a big girl now :) I was hoping to go to the same one as before, because the USB connection was on the front, but I ended up here. I don't know where here is, but I do know that I am on an older computer without the connection I need at an easily accessible area.

I did arrive at the center last Sunday at about 7:30 after planning on being there at 6... we had to wait for the rain to stop. My neice, Maxinne cried when they left me there, and my aunt looked concerned. I was a little nervous, too, but I knew that I should stay (it was what I came here to do). The devil tried to put thoughts of doubt and feelings of isolation on me, but through the strength of God, I made it and am really enjoying it.

Brief synopsis of my first week at the home... met the 17 in-house boys (I still don't know all of their names), been eating 5 meals a day, been attacked by the red ants in my sheets and the mosquitoes everywhere (the grand total is 47 bites), took over the nursery and prep classes by myself without knowing how to explain myself in Filipino (we were all at a loss for words), attended a prayer meeting at a hotel (it was intense, very filling, and we took off our shoes to go in the prayer room... Japanese style!), taught 1 1/2 hours of English for 4 days, lead the PE class for grades 1-4 (it was pretty much over in 30 minutes, and I had 3 hours to fill), attended a voice lesson, and was squished on the train from the center to Quezon City (the train was so crowded!)... lots happened, and I promise pics next time!

Thanks for the thoughts and prayers! I love you all!

1 Comments:

Blogger Les Indeed said...

Do you have an address where I can send you mail? I got a job in CA. I love you! Send me the days and times you will be in HI so I can plan my b-day trip!!!

August 12, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home